viernes, 2 de octubre de 2015

WMOF: What I learned from my grandparents

We set up our booth at the World Meeting of Families to give participants a chance to celebrate the elderly by sharing what they learned from their grandparents. We got a bit behind posting these contributions during the event last week, but here is a summary of the contributions made over the three days of the expo...

My Grandma taught me table manners and my grandfather taught me a great passion for the study of history.

My grandfather once wrote me in a letter, “Never stop learning.”
My grandparents me enseñaron lo que es muy valioso en la vida, valores y amor x el prójimo Dios me los bendiga siempre. (They taught me what is valuable in life, values and love of neighbor.God blessed me through them.)
My Grandma taught me to live simply and with joy!
My grandparents taught me that no matter what my situation in life is, always to be small and humble before God, and to trust!
My grandparents taught me that I was worth their love
and that no matter what happens God loves me.
My grandparents taught me that if I kept close to God he would always provide.
My grandparents taught me about LOVE and that I am loved …
even now that they have gone home to God.
As a grandparent I am teaching my 8 grandchildren to love and be loved.
I am a grandmother blessed by volunteering at the home in Tacna, Peru.
Spirit of volunteerism
My grandparents taught me to never give up.
If God is first in your life, goodness will follow you always. He will take care of you.
The value of family and honoring commitment; hard work
Patience, gentleness and unconditional LOVE
The gift of laughter, music, family, love, how to sew, play the piano and make spaghetti sauce! Yum! Love is the most important thing in life. You don’t have to like what a person does but you must love them.

Love is everlasting, but use it wisely. LOVE ALL, especially when they are depressed!!
Trust God, trust your family and most of all, trust yourself.
My grandmother taught me what it means to be a family.
My maternal grandmother taught me to pray the Angelus and have devotion to the Virgin Mary.
To live one day at a time!
To trust in God everyday. Turn myself over and let him guide me
in everything I do.
Fuente de bendieion, amor y sabrduria.
(My grandparents were a source of blessing, love and wisdom.)
My grandfather taught me that it’s good, wholesome and cool to read the Bible everyday.
I owe my faith to my grandmother Susana. If it weren’t for her, I would not be Catholic.
From my grandparents I learned that “Every life matters.”
From Grandparents, our prayers and desire for our children
and their children to have a love for Jesus through the Catholic Church.
My great-grandmother was the first person to teach me the concept of the stone soup story.
I learned the good Irish faith and I hope I’ll pass it on to my grandchildren.
I learned hospitality from my Grandma.
I learned love.
I learned to respect others and to always be patient.
I learned to read and to play checkers!
I learned to tie my shoes.
I learned to work hard.

Pray, hope, don’t worry.
I learned never to fight with my sisters because I’ll need them one day.
Don’t eat Oreos and Cheetos everyday.
From grandma Nye I learned how to pray.
I learned how to be patient.
I learned to help everyone.
I learned to help others.
To save a little each week, and that food is a celebration of family and hospitality/love for others. I learned to be cool!
Mangia e fate grande.
A smile costs nothing.
To volunteer at church.
No one loves you like Grandma.
How to cook sauce.
The importance of hard work.
How to speak up.
Anytime is a good time for an adventure!
That love is the answer to everything.
Self-sacrifice
To love God!
To love family.
The importance of community.
Unconditional love
To stick together.
To be kind.


WMOF Closing Mass

WMOF Impressions, final day

Saturday in Philly, Family Festival

On to New York: Little Sisters attend airport arrival




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario